Monday, March 18, 2013

Wow! That Was A Great St Patty's Day Weekend.

I never thought so much fun could be shoved into one weekend. Memphis is a great city to live in; especially, if you live downtown (which Joe does). No matter what time of year, there is always something going on and we take full advantage of the close proximity.

Friday night our friend, Jake, had his 9th plate party at the Saucer and he invited us to celebrate. If you don't know what I am talking about don't be embarrassed. I just learned myself about 8 months ago. It is basically a rite of passage for beer lovers at the Saucer. They can keep track of the beers that they imbibe and after 200 they earn a plate and a congratulatory party for their hard work. If you would like to know more you can google UFO club at the Flying Saucer. It is quite fun and very generous of Jake to include us. After that we walked (Joe walked and I stumbled) to the Center for Southern Folklore. I really like that place. It is a small venue that features mostly local folk artists. The South Side Supper Club was playing and they are always fun to see. They are a three piece band that includes a clarinet, an accordion and a banjo and they play covers from the 80's and 90's. You can't help but clap and dance in your seat to their happy sound.

This weekend was extra eventful due to St. Patty's day. Thank you St.Patrick for the beautiful weather that you so graciously bestowed upon us. The whole day was perfect. My brother met us downtown and we walked to Court Square to feast on crawfish and have a beer at Mudbugs in March. They were some of the best crawfish I have had in quite sometime. Completely juicy and very spicy ~ just the way I like 'em. Next, we walked to Beale Street to enjoy the parade. My mom and my daughter met us there and we had a great time dodging candy and beads as they were hurled at our heads:). After a little barhopping to Blues City and The Flying Saucer it was time to go home, grab a quick bite and get ready for the concert. That's right. Joe got tickets to Elton John ~ 13th row center stage. It was amazing. Elton does not stop either. He kept the hits coming back to back and sounded great. Then if that's not enough, our friend Jake gave us tickets to Kris's Birthday @ the Warehouse where Lucero, Magnificent Bastards and Al Capone were playing. We saw Lucero and would have liked to stayed longer, but our feet were screaming for mercy so we caught the trolley and headed back down to the pinch.

I don't even remember my head hitting the pillow. I was out like a light. There was so much fun had there was not a moment to spare thinking or doing anything about the wedding. Still waiting on our appointment with Father Eric on the 28th. So, thankful for my friends, family and fiance. You made this weekend rock;) Jeff (my brother) I do forgive you for stepping on my pinky toe and almost ripping it off. It did not deter my fun and it turned a nice shade of purple. pics coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment