Friday, March 8, 2013

The Real Deal

This is all very new to me. I am a new writer, a first time blogger and a very recent fiance. I am starting this blog to catalog our adventures into matrimony and all the other moments that take place along our journey.(good, great and funny:)

My name is Angela. I am a 38 year old graphic designer from Memphis, Tennessee, a mother of two and a skeptic when it comes to true love.(umm, until I met Joe). Don't get me wrong. I thought I was in love before and as a child we (girls) are drawn into this notion that prince charming will swoop in on his white horse with sword drawn and sweep us off our peep toe pumps and we will live happily ever after with not so much as a bad hair day. 

This did not happen for me. I have been blessed with plenty of bad hair days.:) I was fine with the fact that I was never going to be married again. I had been married before, but only for a short time. (I will save that story for another day.) I believed people could love one another and care for one another, but that true, fairytale, knock-your-socks off, heart pounding love was something that Jane Austen made up to torture women through the decades. I now know that true love is not something that Jane Austen made up. It is what inspired her.

Skeptic no longer. I have met him. My True Love. The person that I believe was put on this earth just for me. There are times when I think that my heart is going to leap out of my chest. Other times I think there is no way I could love him anymore, but then it grows. He is my inspiration to be a better person. Sometimes when I see him it takes every fiber of my being not to run him down and tackle him Lawrence Taylor style and plant kisses all over him. His parents should be given a medal of honor and have a national holiday named after them or something for creating and raising such a wonderful human being. So, I am elated to announce that on February 16, 2013 he proposed and I screamed "YES". 

I know now that True Love does exist and it is waiting on all of us. We just have to be open, patient and not willing to settle. Anyway, I hope you enjoy my post and please follow along for future details, planning and stories before our big day and into our happily ever after.



No comments:

Post a Comment